• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Medical Coding Tests

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
If you decide to go through agencies to get a position, be prepared to take a coding test online. I took a coding test in ICD-9 for an agency and I got 95% correct. Get the ICD-9 Volumes 1-3 as some of the questions will be on procedures and use the current year.

Luna

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Congrats! Awesome score. :)

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I always believe that this was the result of going to the CCO webinars. Just think what my CPC score would have been like if I knew about the Blitz Videos and the webinars, but we would never know because I have already taken and pass my CPC certification. We will know when I sit for another certification which will probably be a CCS or CCS-P.

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
This is great advice. You know for the HCC position I also had to take an Exel exam and it was harder then the ICD-9 test. It only makes sense though. Just about every thing I do with them is on some type of Excel spreadsheet.

Rosetta D

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
ICD-10-CM Student
If you decide to go through agencies to get a position, be prepared to take a coding test online. I took a coding test in ICD-9 for an agency and I got 95% correct. Get the ICD-9 Volumes 1-3 as some of the questions will be on procedures and use the current year.
That's an awesome score----is the test timed?---and done online in your home?....Are you currently working Carolyn?

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
The test is not timed and is done online in your home. I am not currently working, but I am still looking for a medical coding position.

Alicia Fredericks

CCO Club Member
Hello. Just reading the posts for this thread. How does a person enter the B/C field as a "newbie," find the medical agencies that actually staff for B/C, get past the "Gatekeeper," take the agency's coding test, score 95 % and not get hired for a placement? That is discouraging inspite of of our closely held montra, "never give up"